Ravensword: Shadowlands launched in the App Store back in December 2012, and quickly became one of our favorite apps. Fans of the game, however, will be pleased to learn that the popular application has made the transition from iOS to OS X, and is available to download in the Mac App Store for $12.99.
As a reminder, Shadowlands is a Skyrim-like RPG in which players are free to explore a vast, immersive world, while collecting items, weapons, and increasing character skills. In our review of the iOS application, we called Shadowlands “one of the best immersive experiences on iOS this year,” and the game has since accrued countless positive reviews in the App Store.
While the Mac app appears similar to its iOS counterpart, features of the new game include:
- Enormous 3d world to explore
- First Person and 3rd Person on the fly switching
- Gorgeous and realistic scenery
- Ragdoll Physics
- Original Soundtrack from composer Sean Beeson
- Hundreds of items to use
- Reflex and precision based combat with manual blocking and dodging
- Various weapon types – Bows, Crossbows, Hammers, Swords, Axes
- Flying Mounts
- Tons of enemy types including huge prehistoric creatures.
- Pick Pocketing
- Magical Runes
- Item enhancement
- Tons of loot
- Plenty of armor upgrades
- Mounted combat
- Decision based, multi-part Quests
- Reputation and Jail System
As mentioned, Ravensword: Shadowlands for Mac is available to download for $12.99 (and requires OS X 10.6.6 or later), while the iOS version of the impressive game can be downloaded for $6.99. If you’re a fan of the series, check out the new Mac app now, or for more information on Shadowlands be sure to take a look at the trailer video below.
For further app related news, see: AP Stylebook Gets iPhone 5 Optimization, Now Saves Notes When Updating, “Painless” Photo-Editing App AfterLight Updated Yet Again With More Enhancements, and Apple Pulls Controversial Hookup Service Bang With Friends From App Store.
If you can’t see the above video, please click this link.