The Star Trek universe is getting bigger and not just because a new movie is coming out soon. Star Trek Rivals is a new freemium card collecting game now available for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
Created by Elephant Mouse, the game launches to coincide with the debut of “Star Trek Into Darkness,” which arrives in theaters worldwide tomorrow, May 17. The game features the legendary crew of the USS Enterprise, including chief medical officer Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy, communications officer Nyota Uhura, chief engineer “Scotty,” and Captain James T. Kirk. The goal is to collect and upgrade cards, and battle friends and foes alike in your pursuit of the ultimate winning hand.
Top features include:
- Easy to learn, difficult to master gameplay
- Over 100 cards based on characters, aliens, and starships
- Challenge friends or random rivals in turn-based card battles
- Earn Federation Credits to buy packs of new cards
- Collect XP to increase your level and earn gold-pressed Latinum rewards
- Upgrade cards to stronger “Elite” version
Star Trek Rivals is available for download in the App Store.