Offering access to live news and sports events as well as primetime TV and children’s programming, T-Mobile TV is a service that is both free and subscription-based.
First off, the app itself is free to download in the App Store. In addition, it comes with a free trial period of 30 days, within which you get access to free content including: Fox News, Associated Press, Campus Insiders, ACC Digital Networking, and Saturday Morning TV.
But T-Mobile also comes with with a Prime Pack that you can subscribe to for $12.99 for 30 days in order to gain access to more content including:
- Live and On Demand sports from ESPN Mobile TV, NBC Sports, and CBS Sports.
- Kids programming including the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Discovery and Animal Planet.
- Streaming news from ABC News Now, Bloomberg, FOX News and FOX Business.
- On Demand Primetime and Reality shows from ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC and more.
- Includes programming from ABC Family, MTV, Spike TV, Comedy Central, E! and VH1.
T-Mobile TV also offers five other optional premium video-on-demand and live content packs: T-Mobile TV en Español, Life & Style, Playground TV for Kids, Urban Zone, and Crackle Movies.
Note that subscriptions in T-Mobile TV for iOS are billed through iTunes, unlike with the Android or Windows Phone version where they are billed through T-Mobile’s service billing.