You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 7, 2013
Viber 3.0 Launches With Support For All-New Viber Desktop For Mac And PC
The immensely popular messaging and VoIP app Viber has just been updated to version 3.0. And coinciding with the release of Viber 3.0 is the launch of Viber Desktop. But first, let me back up a bit and quantify that "immensely popular" description. As it turns out, Viber now has more than 200 million users texting and calling from their devices on iOS or other platforms. And now, Viber has gained support for a couple of new platforms. But rather than mobile platforms, they're actually desktop platforms. And they're none other than Mac and PC. As mentioned, Viber Desktop has arrived, and it supports both Mac and PC. Of course, it lets you send text messages and make voice and video calls right from your desktop computer. What's more, you can transfer live calls between Viber Desktop and Viber on your iPhone. Check out the introductory video for Viber Desktop below: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Support for Viber Desktop is included in Viber 3.0, which also features the following improvements:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch, Viber 3.0 is available now in the App Store for free. Viber Desktop, which is also free, is available to download directly from the Viber website. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- You can now send video messages to your friends
- All new voice engine improves sound quality on both low quality and high quality networks
- Online status indicator tells you when your friends are connected to Viber. Note: users can receive messages even when not connected!
- In app banner indicates that you received new messages
- Automatically download new photos for faster viewing
- You can now add a caption to the photos and videos you send
- Easily browse through photos received from specific users or groups
- Show only groups in messages screen, so you can quickly find a specific group
- Larger photos and larger photo thumbnails
- Better looking contact info screen
- New package of fun stickers
- Accessibility is now supported
- Viber is also localized to: Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, Korean, Dutch, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay and Indonesian
- Performance improvements and multiple bug fixes.
- So many more small features that we can't even remember…