You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 1, 2013
Codea Now Lets You Run Your Projects Remotely And Edit Them Live With Air Code
Codea (formerly Codify) has just received another significant update. The latest update to the innovative code editor specially designed for iPad brings a number of new features, enhancements, and fixes. No doubt the most noteworthy improvement brought by Codea's new update is Air Code. Air Code is so named because it lets you code on your computer and see your updates in real-time on your iPad as they're propagated over the air. Open the tools menu to launch Air Code, whereupon you're prompted to connect your computer's Web browser to Codea. While in Air Code mode, you can browse all of your Codea projects, run them remotely, and edit them live. Check out the video below for a demonstration of Codea's Air Code feature: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Aside from Air Code, the following new features, enhancements, and fixes are included in the new version of Codea:
The new version of Codea is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $9.99 download. The app is compatible with iPad running iOS 5.0 or later. To learn more about some of the features added to Codea through its previous updates, see Codea Introduces Keyboard Gestures Inspired By "Hooper Selection," Codea Is Now More Dependable With Project Dependencies And Other New Coding Features, and Innovative iPad-Optimized Code Editor Codea Gains Tons Of New Features In 1.5 Update. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- tween.delay() function for delaying animations and callback functions
- alert() function for presenting the native alert box
- restart() function to restart the your project
- openURL now has the option to open a URL using an in-app browser
- sprite() optimization: all uses of sprite() significantly sped up. Consecutive calls to sprite() using the same texture (and style state) are automatically batched similar to using a mesh. In ideal scenarios, such as particle systems, sprite is now as fast as mesh.
- Added worldCenter, localCenter and joints properties to physics.body
- Fixed potential readProjectTab() crash bug
- Fixes mirrored camera stream image
- Custom .spritepack folders placed in the Documents/ folder will now be recognized
- Maximum imported image size increased to 2048px