You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Majority Of US House Members Prefer Apple's iPhone Over BlackBerry And Android

At the south wing of the United States Capitol, the greater number of legislators prefer to use iPhones. According to a survey conducted by NBC's Meet the Press (via The Next Web), 58 percent of members of the U.S. House of Representatives use Apple's smartphones. That's over twice as much as the percentage of House members that use BlackBerry devices, which stands at 23 percent. What of Android, you ask? Well, as it turns out, only 4 percent of House members use smartphones running on Google's mobile operating system. Meet the Press also notes:
The iPhone also maintains wide bipartisan support and is the runaway favorite between both sides: 61 percent of Republicans and 56 percent of Democrats.
Among Republican smartphone users in the House, 21 percent use BlackBerry while only 3 percent use Android. And among Democrats, 25 percent use BlackBerry while only 5 percent use Android. Meet the Press conducted the survey over a two-week period from Sept. 6 to Sept. 20, 2013, through calls and emails to every Congressional office. Note that the results were determined from 88 percent of House members, since the other 12 percent (equivalent to 51 members) either declined to participate or did not respond to Meet the Press' inquiry. For more recent news, see: That Didn't Take Long: Hackers Outsmart Apple's Touch ID, The New York Police Department Says: Download iOS 7, Now!, and Adoption Of Apple's iOS 7 Passes iOS 6 As More Users Update To The New OS.
Related Articles

Apple Airs New iPhone 5c TV Ad During Emmys Telecast, Posts Keynote To YouTube

Oops! BlackBerry Puts Off Launch Of BBM For iOS And Android Following App Leak