You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 24, 2013
AI-Powered, iOS-Controlled Anki Drive Out Now At Apple's Online And Retail Stores
As announced by Anki last week, Anki Drive is available beginning today from Apple's online and retail stores. Introduced at WWDC last June, Anki Drive is an A.I.-powered real-world racing game featuring cars that can be controlled using iOS devices. Apple lists the following highlights of Anki Drive:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Recently updated to unlock its controller capabilities, the Anki Drive iOS app is available in the App Store for free. It’s optimized for play using an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, fifth-generation iPod touch, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display. Anki Drive is available now from Apple’s online and retail stores in the U.S. and Canada. The Anki Drive starter kit costs $199.95. It contains two cars — Boson (black) and Kourai (yellow) — with charging cases, a race mat, a tire cleaner, and a fast charger. The two expansion cars — Katal (blue) and Rho (red) — can be purchased separately for $69.95 each.
- AI cars think and drive themselves
- Take control with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad mini
- Battle against the AI or have your friends join in with their own cars
- Earn points and customize your cars with new weapons and upgrades
- Each car has a unique play style and upgrades; find the one that fits you best
- You can add more cars and race with up to four people at the same time
- At real-world scale, these cars could drive 250MPH executing maneuvers within a tenth of an inch
- Each car scans the track 500 times a second using state-of-the-art sensors and algorithms to determine its exact position, speed, and trajectory
- Free app for controlling cars from your compatible iOS device