You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Apple Announces 170 Million iPads Sold And More Impressive Stats

As it prepares to officially unveil its upgrades for its bestselling tablet, Apple has announced several impressive statistics concerning the iPad. First and foremost, as proudly proclaimed by Apple CEO Tim Cook at today's special media event, over 170 million iPads have been sold. What's more, iPads account for 81 percent of tablet usage, with other tablet models making up the other 19 percent. Apple also reiterates the iPad's position as No. 1 in customer satisfaction since the inception of the rating. And finally, Apple says that there are now more than 475,000 apps custom-designed for iPad, not stretched out like the apps usually found in other tablets. For more on our coverage of today’s Apple event, please check for updates on our main page or on our live blog.
Related Articles

Newly Announced MacBook Pro Lineup Available Now At Reduced Starting Prices

Pricing And Availability For Apple’s New Mac Pro