You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer Speaks At Cupertino Press Conference For Campus 2

Apple’s Campus 2 has been approved by the Cupertino City Counsel. A press conference to discuss the new campus was held on Oct. 16, 2013, and thanks to YouTube, you can now watch the entire thing. Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer took the stage during the press conference to thank the community and provide more details on Apple’s “spaceship campus.” Check out the video below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEm2fO1nz5A

If you can’t see the above video, please click this link.

Here’s an excerpt of Oppenheimer’s statement (via MacRumors):
This is a very special moment for us at Apple. We have put a tremendous amount of love and energy into this campus, and we can’t wait to get started building it. Cupertino is Apple’s home. We love Cupertino, we’re very proud to be here, and we were thrilled that Apple Campus 2 will be a part of Cupertino. We’re going to build the best office building ever built in the world and we’re going to put it in a hundred acre park, returning the site to its natural beauty. It will be a place for the best team in the industry to innovate for decades to come. We’re very grateful to the city council, to the city staff, and most importantly, our neighbors and the citizens of Cupertino and the surrounding communities who supported us last night and along the way to get to this point.
Apple’s CFO also notes that Campus 2 will be environmentally friendly and use solar and fuel cells to obtain 70 percent of its energy. The remaining 30 percent will come from other California green energy sources. The first phase of construction for Campus 2 will include a 2.9 million square foot ring-shaped building with underground parking, a fitness center, and a large 120,000 square foot auditorium. During the second phase, Apple has plans to add an additional 600,000 square feet of space. As long as the building phases stay on track, Apple plans to open Campus 2 in 2016.
Related Articles

Updated: Apple’s ‘Spaceship Campus’ Gets Closer To Landing

Apple Once Again Seeks Feedback On Campus 2 From Local Residents