You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 23, 2013
Shop In Style: Gilt For iPhone Updated With iOS 7 Redesign Plus Other Improvements
Gilt, the official iPhone app of the popular shopping website of the same name, has just been updated to version 4.0. With the Gilt app, you can take advantage of deals on "designer brands at insider prices." It offers deals across various fashion categories, including women, men, kids, home, and city, at up to 60 percent off. Gilt 4.0 is a notable update in that it introduces a new interface based on the visual design of iOS 7. In addition, the update delivers a number of significant enhancements:
[caption id="attachment_478424" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Gilt[/caption] Gilt 4.0 is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later. Included in AppAdvice's Shopping Apps AppGuide, Gilt for iPad is also available in the App Store for free. But it's yet to be updated and redesigned for iOS 7. At Apple's recently concluded special media event, the Gilt website was featured during Apple Software Engineering SVP Craig Federighi's demo of Safari push notifications in OS X Mavericks. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- New look and feel, including access to Cart on all screens, quicker Add-to-Cart and Checkout.
- Sales load much, much faster: just enable Background App Refresh on iOS 7 (Settings > General).
- Squashed bugs for smooth iOS 7 operation (i.e. no more issues deleting from Cart or sharing!)
- Swipe from the screen's left side to go back
- Pull down on any store's main screen to Search or Shop by Category
- Scan your credit card in Checkout using your phone's camera