You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 4, 2013
Apple Subsidiary FileMaker Releases New FileMaker 13 Database Software Platform
Apple subsidiary FileMaker has just released the latest version of its popular cross-platform relational database software platform, FileMaker 13. FileMaker 13 boasts a bevy of tools and technologies that make for easy creation and implementation of custom business solutions. These include:
FileMaker 13's new set of features also includes enhanced tools for building solutions on iPhone and iPad, which are accessible via the new FileMaker Go 13 app. FileMaker Go 13 features a redesigned layout, a bar code scanner, popovers, slide control, and new iOS keyboard types. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, FileMaker Go 13 is available now in the App Store for free. FileMaker 13 platform software is available now from the FileMaker Store. Monthly prices start at $9 for FileMaker Pro, $15 for FileMaker Pro Advanced, and $29 for FileMaker Server. New FileMaker Pro 13 licenses and FileMaker Pro 13 upgrades are also available starting at $329 and $179, respectively. Server concurrent connections for FileMaker Go or FileMaker WebDirect are available at $25 per 5-pack per month. Late last July, FileMaker announced that it would stop offering all editions of its Bento personal database software in order to increase its focus on its namesake flagship product. Apparently, it's a move that has brought about favorable results with the release of FileMaker 13.
- FileMaker WebDirect, an entirely new, HTML5 browser-based technology that allows teams to create and deploy desktop-style solutions in a web browser with no programming skills required.
- Major improvements to design capabilities, including support for shareable custom themes and styles, and the ability to drag and drop data fields onto design layouts.
- More robust security, with AES 256-bit encryption that locks down data no matter where it lives – on iPad, iPhone, desktop or server. FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced is used to enable encryption.
- Dozens of new enhancements for solution developers, from the ability to hide or display objects on a screen based on business logic to easier integration with web applications.
- Simplified server administration, including an entirely new HTML5 administrative console in FileMaker Server 13 for managing business solutions from anywhere.