You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 21, 2013
Enter The Busy World Of Richard Scarry And Solve Busytown Mysteries
Growing up, I loved reading Richard Scarry's books and watching their tie-in TV show, "The Busy World of Richard Scarry." So I'm delighted to learn about and share with you this newly released iOS app inspired by Richard Scarry's creations. It's called Busytown Mysteries, and it's an app that invites kids to embark on interactive adventures called "toontales." In each toontale, kids are challenged to solve a Busytown mystery by accomplishing educational objectives while engaging in fun games, story sequences, and karaoke sing-alongs. Busytown Mysteries has the following key features:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Busytown Mysteries is available now in the App Store for free. The free app includes one toontale that is already unlocked in "freeview" mode. To gain access to additional content, parents must stay "tooned-in" via in-app purchases, which can be made in a secure, off-limits-to-kids area in the app. Busytown Mysteries is developed by none other than Loud Crow Interactive, the studio behind a number of acclaimed storybook apps for iOS. These include Bramble Berry Tales - The Story of Kalkalih and the recently released A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Of course, there's also the seasonally appropriate A Charlie Brown Christmas. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Each toontale includes two educational activities and three sing along karaoke sequences.
- An interactive summary strengthens deductive reasoning at the end end of every toontale.
- Rich, responsive animations engage children in playful interactions with the characters.
- Learning tools like touch-to-speak technology, character-specific word highlighting and speech bubbles help children grasp pre-reading skills.
- A fully AirPlay compatible design makes it easy to share this experience on the big screen with friends and family.