NetSnips, the popular productivity app for creating snippets from webpages, has just received a significant update.
Released for iPhone and iPod touch in July 2012, NetSnips was updated to version 2.0 in March 2013 with universal support for iPad and iPad mini. And now, the app has been updated to version 3.0 with iOS 7 interface tweaks and then some.
In addition to a new, flat and simple iOS 7-optimized design, NetSnips 3.0 brings Launch Center Pro support and a number of other enhancements. Here’s the full changelog for the update:
- New and cleaner app icon and a fresh new app design
- The number of parallel snippet updates depends now on the current network speed and device performance (ex: on iPhone 5s up to 5 snippets update in parallel)
- Snippets are updated on idle activity while reading a web page in full screen (requires iPhone 4S/iPad 2 or newer)
- Launch Center Pro support with custom actions
- More reliable snippet updating engine for complex web pages
- When leaving fullscreen mode, snippets don’t reload automatically and keep the last visited web page open
- Memory usage optimizations
- Many other improvements and under the hood changes that are the basis for upcoming features
With regard to its Launch Center Pro support, NetSnips 3.0 lets you, say, add a snippet for the URL address in your clipboard (
netsnips://add?url=[clipboard]) or open NetSnips on, for example, page 2 (
NetSnips 3.0 is available now in the App Store for free. It’s compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later.
Note that the promised landscape mode support did not make it to NetSnips 3.0. Rest assured that it will be added to NetSnips as soon as possible in a future update.