First and foremost, the update brings about a redesign of the app’s interface that, of course, matches the look and feel of iOS 7.
On top of the new design, the update also brings several new features. Most notable among these is support for on-demand calculation. Now, you can opt to disable automatic calculation, which displays the result after a short delay, and tap a Calculate button instead.
You can now also choose between rounded and truncated for the approximation of results.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The latest update to MyScript Calculator also adds support for new operators including n-root and hyperbolic functions. The app now features the following supported operators:
- Basic operations: +, -, ×, ÷, /
- Powers, Roots, Exponentials: 7², √, ∛, e³
- Misc. Operations: %, |5|, 3!
- Brackets: ( )
- Trigonometry: cos, sin, tan, cot, cosh, sinh, tanh
- Inverse trigonometry: acos, asin, atan
- Logarithms: ln, log
- Constants: π, e, phi.