MobileRSS HD ($4.99) is a Google Reader app for the iPad, which has recently received a series of updates. Now, users of the app can enjoy a new design, improved RSS feed management, and article downloads.
Previously, the application was heavily criticized for looking an awful lot like Reeder – another Google Reader app (which has been highly praised since its release). In all honesty, the two apps looked incredibly similar: It was clear to see where MobileRSS HD‘s developer had got its “inspiration” from.
However, this issue has been corrected: MobileRSS HD has been updated, and a new design has been added. As outlined in the app’s release notes, features of MobileRSS HD include:
- Stay in constant sync with your online Google Reader
- Comprehensive suite of offline capabilities: marking items as read, starred, shared, keep unread, and more
- Add and manage multiple Google Reader accounts using one app
- Feed management: remove, rename, or search for and add feeds by URL or keyword
- Download full posts from excerpt feeds automatically. Full control over which feeds have this feature enabled
- Store items list when you’re offline, including embedded images
- Share items by Email, Twitter, Facebook, Delicious, ReadItLater, Evernote, Pinboard, Sina Weibo and Instapaper
- “Show all / unread items” functionality
- Save images to your Photo Album