You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 12, 2011
Apple TV 4.4 Update Adds AirPlay Mirroring, Photo Stream, Trailers, NHL And WSJ Live
Besides releasing iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners everywhere, Apple also released a software update for Apple TVs earlier today, too. The update (4.4) adds support for AirPlay Mirroring (a feature the iPad 2 got in iOS 5), Photo Stream (which is part of iCloud), Trailers, NFL and "Wall Street Journal Live." As outlined in the software update's release notes, changes made include:
Furthermore, Apple has added support for subtitles in Netflix, and also three new slideshow themes. However, what has us most excited about this software update is AirPlay Mirroring. This amazing feature allows users to stream a mirror image of their iPad's screen to an Apple TV - meaning you can play "big screen" iOS games, read through your tweets on a TV, or catch up on your RSS feeds in high definition. And what's more, this feature is available for the iPhone 4S, too. If you own an Apple TV, take a look at the software update now and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. [via Macworld]
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what's on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.