Instacast has received another update, adding plenty of improvements to the popular podcasting client for iPhone.
Last month, Instacast went through a price restructuring. Its price was lowered from $1.99 to $0.99, but access to several features was held back behind a Pro $0.99 purchase. The features that have been given the Pro designation are bookmarks with import/export capability, individual podcast settings, and push notification for new episodes. Smart playlist was also a Pro feature, until the previous update made it free.
As mentioned, this Instacast update brings lots of improvements. Perhaps most important among these is the improvement to the app’s interface performance, which, for one thing, means better scrolling. The app’s settings have also been redesigned. In line with this, subscription and push notification settings for Pro users and playback options to subscription settings have been added to the app.
The other improvements brought by the update are as follows:
- Re-added swipe left/right for marking episodes as starred/played
- Added on-screen hints for certain buttons
- Added 30 min setting to Sleep Timer
- Improved auto-activating Continuous Playback
- Added “Delete Download after Played” option
- Added video zoom feature on double-tap
- Re-added the unplayed badges
- Fixed double-tap issues in player
- Fixed multiple issues with feed parser
- Fixed some issues with push notifications
To reiterate, Instacast for iPhone is available in the App Store for $0.99, with an optional $0.99 Pro unlock. A separate iPad version called Instacast HD is also available for an all-inclusive fee of $4.99.
Is Instacast your podcasting app of choice?