Actually, Tiny Review is no more. In its place is the brand new Tiny Post, which is technically its 2.0 iteration.
The rebranding is no mere whim on the part of the app’s developer. On the contrary, it reflects the app’s evolution from a visual “review” app to a visual “post” app.
Launched in November 2011, Tiny Review was aimed at enabling users to review stuff by writing short three-line captions over photos. But, eventually, it became a platform for users to post — and not strictly review — stuff by, well, writing short three-line captions over photos. Hence, its new name, Tiny Post, couldn’t be more apt.
According to the app’s changelog, the following improvements are also brought by the update along with the rebranding:
- Better looking: cleaner, prettier interface
- Funny, inspiring, poetic posts now curated via hashtags
- Hall of Tiny Fame: a place to see all the very best posts
- Comments! You asked, we delivered: you can now comment on any post
- Tag friends to increase the fun
- Create a post faster than ever
- Share to Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr (Pinterest coming ASAP)
- Keep posts private so only you can see them
- Location is optional
It’s been said since time immemorial that a picture is worth a thousand words. Why not add more worth and fun to it with at most three more lines of words via Tiny Post, eh?