You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| August 24, 2012
CaptureNotes 2 Arrives In The App Store With Security And Sharing Options, Plus Many Improvements
A great tool for school or work, G8R Software's note-taking app, CaptureNotes, already offered audio recording, two text input methods, photo support, tagging, and more. With the release of v2.0 earlier today, users also have the ability to secure and easily share notes, along with improvements to previously implemented features. [caption id="attachment_332464" align="alignright" width="225"] Utilize default and custom flags within notebooks to tag pages and areas.[/caption] Just a few taps away, the new importing and sharing options make it easy to share your work with friends and co-workers, allow them to share with you, and otherwise get your notes transferred. Located at the bottom-right of every binder and notebook is an action button. Not only does this menu encompass editing options, it now includes sharing commands. You can send binders or books via email or copy them to a Dropbox, Evernote, or the iTunes File Sharing bin. If desired, you can also initiate an export through the action menu available near the right end of the notebook editing toolbar. Importing files is very similar. Tap on the inbox icon nestled alongside the search, sort, and settings buttons at the right end of the binder and notebook toolbar to access the three services. [caption id="attachment_332465" align="alignleft" width="300"] Listen to audio recordings and share them all or individually.[/caption] Taking the convenience a step further, the second handful of additions and changes consist of no more limits for the number of custom flag groups, audio recording exporting, and an indication that a notebook contains recorded audio by an open drawer on the audio segment filing cabinet. The final addition deals with security and privacy. Configurable within the Security area of the settings pane, CaptureNotes now allows protection at the app launch level, binder level, or both through a 4-digit security pin. As for the previous feature improvements, here is the list GBR has provided.
- Enhanced Handwriting- Faster performance, quicker stroke tracking and improved velocity sensing.
- PDF Import improvements - The size limitations for PDF imports have been removed, and the in Notebook performance has been significantly improved.
- Separate Highlighter Tool - We’ve broken the Highlighter tool out from the Pen tool to let users jump quickly between the two. As you would expect, settings for each remain specific to the tool.
- Palm Rest - Handle now retracts into the Palm Rest allowing you to write on the fully exposed area.
- Quick Edit Name - Press and Hold the name of the Binder, and you’ll enter the Binder Edit menu for quick, easy renaming.
- Quick Reference - Notebooks will show what Flags and Audio with indicators for how many flags or audio segments are available.
- Share Button - Tap for button list to Edit Binder, Share Binder, Change Color, Delete Binder, and Lock Binder.
- Send To - There is a new option to send Audio Only.
- Page Navigation in PEB - The Page Navigation mini menu is available when using the PEB. You can quickly advance or move back a page, as well as adding a new page, without having to close the PEB first.