For new iPad owners that just happen to enjoy adding effects to photos too, we’ve got some good news for you. Five months after Apple’s third generation tablet arrived, the Adobe Photoshop Touch app has been updated and now includes full Retina display support.
First released in February, the $9.99 app allows users to apply professional effects to photos. It includes popular Photoshop features designed for the iPad such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters.
In May, Adobe changed the app’s maximum resolution to 2048 x 2048 pixels. However, it wasn’t until its most recent update that the app supported the new iPad’s Retina display.
Version 1.3 includes:
- Retina Display Support: See your images like never before with the Retina display on the new iPad (third generation).
- Higher resolution capabilities: Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
- Two new languages: Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Two new Effects: Shred and Colorize
- Smoother animation and scrolling in the organizer, tutorial browser, and file picker
- New gesture to toggle 100% view and fit screen (three-finger tap)
- New pixel nudging mode for precise movements
- Support for Apple Photo Stream
- Various bug fixes
Adobe Photoshop Touch may be downloaded in the App Store.
Note: Adobe Photoshop Touch does not work on the original iPad.