You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| November 2, 2012
Here's How You Can Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1
As expected, Apple recently send iOS 6.0.1 out to the general public. The software update makes a number of small, albeit useful changes to our iDevices, but the one thing jailbreakers will be most interested in is the answer to the inevitable question: is iOS 6.0.1 jailbreakable? Fortunately, the answer is "yes" - read on, and we'll tell you everything you need to know about jailbreaking under the recently released iOS 6.0.1. Fortunately, the current version of redsn0w (0.9.5b2) can jailbreak the iPhone 4, iPod touch (fourth-gen), and the iPhone 3GS, providing what we call a "tethered" jailbreak solution. Furthermore, if your iPhone 3GS has an old bootrom, you'll be able to enjoy an untethered jailbreak under iOS 6.0.1. Our friends at Jailbreak Nation have all the details and a video walkthrough, both of which we've included below:
- Download and Install RedSn0w 0.9.15B2 or higher. [Download Link]
- Download a copy of your device’s iOS 6.0 firmware. [Download Link]
- Invoke DFU mode on your device, if you don’t know how to do this RedSn0w will walk you through it when needed.
- Open Redsn0w, navigate to: Extras>Select IPSW and select your iOS 6.0 firmware that you downloaded in step 2.
- Now navigate back to the home page of RedSn0w and click the ‘Jailbreak’ button. Leave this to continue until boxes come up and check ‘Install Cydia’.
- Once done, your device will appear as if it has just booted. However Cydia will not be on your homepage. You now need to perform a tethered boot.
- Connect your device back up to your computer if you have disconnected it, and reopen RedSn0w if you closed it. Now place your device one again into DFU mode, and go to Extras>Select IPSW and select the same firmware that we did in the first step, it’s essentially the same process. Once RedSn0w has done it’s thing, select ‘Just Boot’ and when your device reloads it will have Cydia on it!
If you can't see the above video, please click this link.
For download links for redsn0w 0.9.15b2 and iOS 6.0, head over to Jailbreak Nation. And if you decide to jailbreak your iDevice under iOS 6.0.1, good luck!
Source: Jailbreak Nation