Now, Yahoo’s Flickr seems to be making a bigger play for the mobile market. Recently, they completely revised the Flickr iOS app. Now, they are offering the Flickr Pro service for absolutely free for a limited time.
Unlike the free version, which limits the number of items users may upload, Flickr Pro includes:
- Unlimited uploads (up to 50 MB per photo)
- Unlimited viewing of your entire photo library
- Post photos in up to 60 groups
- Download your original, high-resolution photos – whenever you need them
- Upload and play unlimited HD videos
To get in on this special holiday promotion, go into the free Flickr app for the iPhone/iPod touch. By doing so, existing customers will receive an email stating that their free promotion is now activated. New users must create a free account before receiving the promotion.
You can also activate the gift by visiting Flickr on the Web and clicking the banner on the homepage. This promotion ends Jan. 4, 2013.