Borderlands Legends was released late October last year, nearly a month after the launch of Borderlands 2. Based as it was on a hit video game franchise, Borderlands Legends was expected to be at least an above average game. But it fell short of expectations as critical and popular reception turned out be rather lukewarm.
For the most part, Borderlands Legends has been criticized for its awkward controls and frustrating gameplay.
Fortunately, Borderlands Legends developer 2K Games has released the game’s first update, with the aim of addressing some, if not all, of the game’s issues.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The update brings the following enhancements:
- When killed, enemies can now drop Guns as loot
- New Sniper Mode feature allows Mordecai to focus and deliver a high powered shot at enemies
- Rare and powerful Eridian Weapons have been added
- New enemy types and mini bosses added
- Improved movement controls and pathfinding
- Night Versions of the Wasteland maps are now available
- Gun Brands will now display in the shop
- Improved visual effects
- iPhone 5 support added
- iPad mini support added
- Game Center support added
In celebration of the update, and in hopes of attracting more players, 2K Games has made Borderlands Legends available at reduced prices for a limited time.