You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 20, 2013
Tweetbot For iPhone, iPad And Mac Updated With New Twitter API Compliance And More
Tapbots has just pushed an update to each of the three editions of its popular Twitter client, Tweetbot. Tweetbot for iPhone, Tweetbot for iPad, and Tweetbot for Mac have all just been updated to meet Twitter's new UI requirements. More importantly, they've all been updated to use Twitter's 1.1 API, which is set to take effect on March 5. Tapbots notes that you must upgrade to the new versions of Tweetbot on or before said date, at which time Twitter's new API is set to render previous versions inoperative. In addition to the aforementioned changes, a great deal of improvements are included in the latest update to Tweetbot for Mac. One of the more notable improvements is the new set of options for the app's menubar icon and dock badge. Another is the ability to enable or disable notifications for when a specific user tweets. Yet another is thumbnail preview support for Vine and Flickr, which, if you'll recall, was already added to Tweetbot for iPhone and iPad earlier this month. [caption id="attachment_384573" align="aligncenter" width="800"] Tweetbot for Mac[/caption] The new Tweetbot for Mac update also features support for adding .mp4 video to a tweet. In line with this, the new version of the app now allows you to drag an .mp4 video or an image into the app icon to create a new tweet with the dragged file already attached. Check out the list below for the rest of Tweetbot for Mac's new bunch of improvements:
Tweetbot for iPhone and Tweetbot for iPad are available in the iOS App Store for $2.99 each. Tweetbot for Mac is available in the Mac App Store for $19.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Ability to reorder accounts in account preferences.
- Fixed issue with uploading animated gifs.
- Can now open profiles or tweets on twitter.com.
- Clicking on the date label in the status detail will open in your browser.
- If the username/hashtag completion popover appears and you press up arrow when there's no selection or the top item selected, the popover now goes away. Same when at the bottom.
- Fixed the issue where 'goto user' would fail if there was a space before or after the username.
- Fixed the issue where a twitter search url didn't work as expected in some cases.
- Fixed the issue where if someone faved your tweet it looked like you faved it.
- 'View in Favstar' now respects open links in background preference
- Fixed the issue where when creating new tweet, typing something, hitting escape and then clicking somewhere would dismiss the tweet.
- Fixed the issue with changing muted keyword durations.