You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 14, 2013
A Year After The Service's Launch, PayPal Here For iPad Is Finally Here
A year after the service's launch, the official iPad companion app of PayPal Here has finally arrived. PayPal Here is PayPal's very own credit card processing service, a direct competitor to the popular Square Register card reader. With the new PayPal Here for iPad app and the triangular reader that connects to your device's headphone jack, you can now use your iPad as a point-of-sale solution. Of course, you can also turn your iPhone into a point-of-sale device with the original PayPal Here app. But the iPad, with its bigger screen, seems to be the more suitable choice for such a task. [caption id="attachment_392443" align="aligncenter" width="480"] PayPal Here for iPad[/caption] With the new PayPal Here for iPad app, you can:
Compatible with iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, PayPal Here for iPad is available now in the App Store for free. Note, though, that the service charges a 2.7 percent fee per transaction, which is slightly less than Square's 2.75 percent fee. PayPal Here for iPhone and the main PayPal app for iOS are also available for free. Just a few days ago, PayPal released a new mobile SDK, which is initially available on iOS. With the SDK, developers can make apps that offer seamless PayPal transactions. Users no longer have to leave the apps when paying with PayPal. In addition, users have the option to just click a PayPal button to scan a credit card using PayPal's card.io technology. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Charge a flat amount or itemize an order.
- Set up a product list to make order entry fast and easy.
- Scan an item’s barcode with your camera to add it to an order.
- Connect a cash drawer and receipt printer.
- Offer discounts.
- Set up multiple tax rates.
- Give customers the option to add tips.
- Text or email receipts.
- Process full or partial refunds.
- Track sales activity in your Daily Summary.
- Give employees partial access to your PayPal account so they can accept payments for you.