You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 4, 2013
Hype Machine For iOS Gets Hyper With New Track-Focused Features
The official iOS app of the popular music blog aggregator Hype Machine has just been updated, presumably so that it can further live up to the hype. Launched in the App Store way back in May 2011, Hype Machine for iOS was completely redesigned in November last year. The redesigned app included, most notably, a streamlined design that lets you easily navigate the world of Hype Machine through the following avenues:
[caption id="attachment_388687" align="aligncenter" width="280"] Hype Machine[/caption] The app lets you listen to featured tracks and even scrobbles them to Last.fm. And with the app's latest update, there's even more to do with tracks in Hype Machine. Now, you can seek within tracks while they're playing. The app now also supports an offline mode that lets you play favorite tracks you recently listened to. Speaking of favorite tracks, the app now loads 100 favorites at a time for better shuffling and lets you see how many favorites tracks have received. Moreover, the newly updated Hype Machine allows you to see which blog posted or which friend favorited a track in your feed. Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.1 or later, the new version of Hype Machine is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $3.99 download. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Latest: Music being discussed right now, constantly updated
- Popular: Tracks that are getting the most love on the Hype Machine
- Favorites: Your favorite tracks on the Hype Machine. A simple offline view lets you see your recently played favorites when you are in air or underground.
- Feed: Customized new posts from your favorite blogs, and friends
- Friends: Music your friends are loving right now
- Genres: Newest tracks posted on blogs organized by genre
- Blog Directory: Every blog we track at http://hypem.com/blogs
- Radio Show: Highlighting the month’s best new music
- Album Premiere: Preview a new album, in full, every week