You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 30, 2013
Can You Take Down Hordes Of Zombies And Survive World War Z?
"World War Z" won't be invading theaters for another three weeks. But its official mobile game, which we told you about two weeks ago, has already been released by Paramount. Unsurprisingly, based as it is on a zombie apocalypse film, the World War Z game features lots of zombies. Of course, you have to take down these zombies in order to survive the titular battle. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Offering a combination of combat and conundrum, World War Z spans 28 levels and has the following features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.0 or later, World War Z is available now in the App Store for $4.99. The game is powered by Unreal Engine 3 and developed by Phosphor Games of Dark Meadow and Horn fame. "We were excited to be able to use the cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 to bring World War Z to life," said Phosphor Games studio director Chip Sineni. "Our goal was to build Paramount a AAA game, and with that came all our favorite bells and whistles, like ambient occlusion lighting, multipass blended textures, and hordes of enemies to fight." [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Action-packed story-based game
- Choose between different control schemes to suite your playstyle
- Over a dozen upgradeable weapons
- Listen to radio broadcasts and answering machines and read emails of other survivors
- Replayable challenge mode
- Chilling tense atmosphere
- Multiple forms of combat including hand-to-hand and ranged shooting
- Zombie Hordes