You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 2, 2013
Qantas Launches New Passbook-Enabled iPhone App
The Australian airline Qantas has launched a brand new iPhone application, which allows users to search and book flights, house boarding passes inside iOS 6's Passbook, purchase accommodation, and access up to date flight schedules on the go. Qantas' all new app, Qantas Airways, is currently available to download free of charge in the App Store. Back in November 2012, we heard from Qantas that Passbook support for digital boarding passes was inbound, and now the airline has incorporated Passbook functionality within a dedicated iPhone application. As outlined in the new app's release notes, features of Qantas Airways include:
Since Passbook launched with iOS 6, numerous services have taken advantage of the built-in application. Most recently, this has included Dunkin' Donuts, a number of MLB stadiums, and an exciting startup called Tito. For those of you new to Passbook, the app allows users to store e-tickets, boarding passes, virtual store cards, and more, all on an iPhone handset. If you're planning on flying with Qantas, be sure to grab the airline's brand new application. As mentioned, Qantas Airways is available to download in the App Store free of charge, and is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Browse best fares, search and book flights
- Create personalised alerts to be notified whenever there are sales or offers, or whenever fares falls below your preferred price
- Search and book over 100,000 hotels worldwide
- Check-in for most domestic flights and add your boarding passes to Passbook
- View your flight bookings
- Access up-to-the-minute flight status
- Logged-in Frequent Flyers can see their points balance and next flight at a glance from the home screen