You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 13, 2013
Updated 1Password Offers A Number Of New Features And Improvements
Based on feedback from users, developer AgileBits has just released a major update to its 1Password app. If you haven’t heard of 1Password, I can easily describe it as the Swiss Army Knife for your digital life. The app stores all of your passwords and can even keep safe other information like credit card numbers, bank account information, and more. Here’s the complete list of new features and improvements in version 4.2 from the release notes:
1BrowserA universal app for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad/iPad mini, 1Password can be downloaded in the App Store now for $17.99. While 1Password has been a fixture in the App Store for some time, AgileBits did a complete revamp of the app with the introduction of 1Password 4. Hitting the App Store in late December, the new version featured an attractive new interface to go along with its 256-bit AES encryption. It was also named one of our 10 Best Paid iPhone Apps Of 2012. AgileBits also recently released a full list of 1Password compatible apps.
- Added Go and Fill bookmarks in 1Browser on iPad.
- Added the ability to use Strong Password Generator in 1Browser on iPad.
- Added the ability to auto-submit on login filling.
- Added fill animations to make it easy (and fun) to see where fields are filled.
- Added Copy to Clipboard in the Share menu to copy the current URL to the clipboard.
- Closing the last tab will now direct you back to vault mode.
- Added 1Browser settings menu.
- Added the ability to adjust auto-submit and fill-animation defaults.
- Added the ability to clear the Web Data (eg. Cookies) from 1Browser.
- Added the ability to share items through Messages or email.
- Shared items include a special ‘Add to 1Password’ link which allows you to directly add them to 1Password.
- Added the ability to expand search results across all fields.
- Search results now includes the primary URL of the item.
- 1PasswordAnywhere (1Password.html) will now display custom fields.
- 1Password will prompt to open in the web view when launching 1Password with a URL in your clipboard.
- Improved translations and the addition of Greek.
- Improvements to Dropbox syncing.
- Many bug fixes and improvements.