Released on iOS in January 2011, Vivino Wine Scanner offers an easy way to remember wines you either loved or loathed as well as to discover new favorites. It’s backed by a database of more than a million wines, so you can expect to get a match after scanning a wine label to add to your virtual cellar.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
As mentioned, the app has just been issued a new major update. The newly updated Vivino Wine Scanner uncorks the following features, notably including smart recommendations, featured users, and improved social networking:
- Get personalized wine recommendations based on your taste – the more ratings the better suggestions
- Follow the Featured Users – chosen to provide you with inspiration, knowledge and better wines
- Find more friends via Twitter, Address Book or Gmail – or the good old Facebook
- Drinking Window: Know when to drink your wines
- Add wines to your Wish List, for next occasion
- Organize your wines – filter your wine list by date, price or ratings
- Add your Bio and let others know who you are
The free app offers a $4.99 Pro in-app upgrade that unlocks several premium features. With Vivino Pro, you can keep track of your wine collection, find wines using text search, and get in the fast track for manual matching.
Alternatively, you can download Vivino Wine Scanner Pro for $4.99. This separate Pro edition already includes the aforementioned premium features in addition to all of the features of the free edition.