You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 2, 2013
Spotify's Newest Update Could Make It The Best iOS Music Service
The popular music streaming service, Spotify, has just updated its iOS app. New features include a refreshed look, the ability to edit playlists while on the go, support for Spotify's "Discover" service (iPhone only), and more. As outlined in the app's release notes, here's a compete list of the changes made in Spotify's latest update:
Discover indeed works as advertised, displaying recommendations in a dedicated pane in-app, though if you share your account with a family member you'll of course find that the advice offered by Spotify becomes somewhat confused. The ability to edit playlists on the go, however, is a long-overdue and much needed feature, and users of the application will be pleased to see it appear in the latest version of Spotify's iOS app. The revamped "Now Playing" menu, which offers an "Up Next" queue for iPhone users, is also a nice addition to the application. Further changes are less significant, and include minor improvements and fixes. Perhaps what's most important for music fans is how Spotify compares with Rdio, Pandora, and the recently announced iTunes Radio. Fortunately, we have a dedicated article which investigates that very issue. Spotify's latest update can be downloaded now, and as before the universal app is free to download in the App Store. Check out the recently updated application, or for more app news, see: Calling All Foodies: Foodie Recipes Updated To Add iPhone Support And More, Brand New Episode For Walking Dead: The Game To Launch July 11, and Skitch For iOS Updated: One Of The Best Annotation Apps Just Got Better.
- New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Coming soon to everyone.)
- New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)
- New: Say hello to our new logo.
- New: You can now edit your playlists on your iPhone.
- Improved: We’ve changed the order of the iPhone search tabs. Now it’s Artists, Albums, Tracks. (iPhone/iPod only.)
- Improved: We’ve moved the … context menu button in the Playlist and Album views to the top right of the screen. It’s better there. (iPhone/iPod only.)
- Fixed: Ford integration now works correctly when your iPhone/iPod is set to a language other than English.
- Fixed: In your playlist folders, "All Tracks" will now show you the actual number of tracks.
- Fixed: We’ve sorted lots of crash issues too.
- Fixed: The unread messages in your inbox will now update correctly.
- Fictitious: This app shares 73% of its DNA with bees.