Argus, the activity-tracking iPhone app developed by Azumio, has just been updated to version 2.0.
Released in the App Store late last July, Argus is a well-designed app that lets you easily monitor and manage your activities, workouts, sleep, food consumption, hydration, weight and vitals. The app has the following key features:
- Daily step counter and activity tracking
- Creates food diary of all your meals with food snapping
- Set daily goals for steps, sleep time and hydration
- Observe trends over time with all variables to track wellness
- Create close friends list to share food photos and other data
- Uses Instant Fitness for your home workouts
- Uses Sleep Time to monitor your sleep cycles
- Uses Instant Heart Rate to monitor your heart beats
- Built in support of third party wearable devices and health apps
In her review of the app here on AppAdvice, Christine noted, “If you have been wanting an all-in-one solution for keeping track of your health and fitness, then Argus by Azumio is a great option.”
And now, with its 2.0 update, Argus has just become an even greater option, especially for iOS 7 and iPhone 5s users.
That’s because Argus 2.0 adds support for iOS 7, including some design tweaks to match the look and feel of the new operating system.
More significantly, Argus 2.0 adds support for Apple’s M7 motion coprocessor on iPhone 5s.
Designed to supplement the capabilities of the device’s A7 main processor, the M7 chip is accessible to apps through iOS 7′s Core Motion API.
As it turns out, Azumio has just implemented this API in Argus, thereby enabling the app to track physical activity without constantly engaging the A7 chip. What’s more, Argus is now able to discern what type of movement is involved at any given time, be it walking, running, driving, or sleeping.
Argus 2.0 is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later.
For more information on Argus, check out Argus By Azumio Aims To Be Your All-Seeing Activity And Nutrition Tracker and Argus Is Here To Help You Stay Healthy And Fit.