Lego has just released Lego Friends Story Maker, an iPad app that lets kids of all ages create multimedia stories starring the titular mini-doll figures.
Like Disney’s Toy Story: Story Theater, Lego Friends Story Maker makes it easy to make stories using simple tools. But unlike Disney’s story-making app, which yields animated movies, Lego’s new app simply produces multimedia books.
With Lego Friends Story Theater, you can create multimedia books enhanced with stamps, voice recordings, backgrounds, frames, and page captions. The app lets you:
- Mix and match 100+ Sets, Friends, pets and accessories for limitless storytelling fun!
- Choose from 10+ Heartlake City page backgrounds, or take a photo of your own scene.
- Drag and drop Mia, Emma, Andrea, Stephanie, Olivia, and others.
- Rotate and scale your favorite sets and accessories just the way you want.
- Choose from five different stamps – music, butterfly, pawprint, heart, and star.
- Decorate each page with one of 10 colorful frames.
- Manage page order, edit & delete pages, and add new pages using the nifty Book Manager.
- Record voice for each page for a rich storytelling experience.
- Type text and choose from seven colors.
Once you’re finished with a story, you can export it as an ePub book and read it on iBooks and other e-reading apps or upload it to Dropbox.
Lego Friends Story Maker is available now in the App Store for free. The app requires 6.0 or later and is compatible with iPad 2, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, and iPad mini.