You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 30, 2013
New Update Adds Another Pocketful Of Improvements To Pocket Casts Podcast App
Already, less than two weeks after the launch of Pocket Casts 4.0, here comes Pocket Casts 4.1. Pocket Casts 4.0 was released on the same day as iOS 7. Unsurprisingly, the update was developed around the latest iteration of Apple's mobile operating system. More importantly, it was packed with new features. And now, a follow-up update has already arrived, bringing with it another round of new features:
[caption id="attachment_469100" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Pocket Casts[/caption] Also including "One Bazillion Fixes," Pocket Casts 4.1 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $3.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later. For more information on the app, see Pocket Casts 4 Provides A Beautiful And Robust Podcast Experience On iOS 7. And for more podcast apps of note, check out AppAdvice's Podcast Apps AppGuide, in which Pocket Casts is listed as an "essential app." [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Support for enhanced podcasts that have chapters.
- OPML export to back up your subscriptions, or use them in other, somewhat inferior apps.
- New actions you can use for podcasts and playlists to make doing a lot of things quickly easier.
- Sections for the Podcast episodes page, so you can quickly see what you've played and haven't.
- Accessibility & Voice Over support for iPhone.