You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 11, 2013
Grailr Launches Reverse To-Do App Recur!, Updates Carrot To-Do And Carrot Alarm
The developer behind the cheeky productivity apps Carrot To-Do and Carrot Alarm has released another iOS app in the form of Recur!. Billed as a "reverse to-do list," Recur! is an app that helps you keep track of your recurring tasks or events, particularly tasks or events that you've done and resolved to do again. As such, it features timestamps that indicate how long it's been since you last completed your tracked items and counters that indicate how many times your items have occurred. "If you've ever wondered how long it's been since you washed your car, or how many times a developer has pitched you a new to-do list app, then Recur! will be right up your alley," notes developer Brian Mueller aka Grailr. We'll be posting our full review of the app later here on AppAdvice. But you can download Recur! now in the App Store for $0.99. Already featuring an iOS 7-inspired interface, the app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. [caption id="attachment_473906" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Recur![/caption] Recur! also features the ability to import refreshed items into Carrot To-Do, which, as it happens, has just received a new update. The update includes weekday and weekend options for repeating tasks, iOS 7 compatibility optimizations, and some bug fixes. Not to be outdone, Carrot Alarm has also received an update, and a major one at that. Here's what the update brings, in Carrot's own words:
Compatible with iDevices running iOS 6.0 or later, Carrot To-Do and Carrot Alarm are available in the App Store for $1.99 each. Incidentally, according to Mueller, an all new Carrot app is in the works and is already halfway done. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Flashlight (iPhone only; unlocks at level 10). Shake your phone to turn my flashlight on or off. May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.
- New Song (Level 28). DJ Bubbles has cooked up another sick beat for you. He's calling this one 'Unga Bunga Bunga,' which translates roughly to 'Dancing with Bananas Party Time Woo!'
- 5 New Voice Synthesizer Alarms. And yes, 'Murder Death Kill' is back by popular demand. Mellow greetings to one and all!
- Snooze Punishment. If you try to sleep in, I will now deduct points instead of rewarding you for your bad behavior. Why didn't I think of this before?!
- Speaker Docker / Headphone Compatibility. No, really, it definitely works this time. I mean it.
- Background Music Support. Now, if you're playing music in another app and then switch over to me, I won't get jealous and turn the music off.
- iOS 7 Support. I'm now flatter than ever before!