You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 28, 2013
Pocket Casts 4.2 Features 64-Bit Support And Other Notable Enhancements
The popular iOS podcast app Pocket Casts has just received another notable update. This update comes a month after Pocket Casts' previous major update, which brought the app to version 4.1 and in, turn, arrived less than two weeks after the app's 4.0 update. Released on the same day as iOS 7, Pocket Casts 4.0 introduced a new design based on the new operating system, plus a number of new features. Pocket Casts 4.1, for its part, delivered some follow-up improvements. [caption id="attachment_479983" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Pocket Casts[/caption] Likewise, Pocket Casts 4.2 comes with further enhancements, grouped by developer Shift Jelly according to the types of users they're likely to appeal to:
Pocket Casts 4.2 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $3.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later. Pocket Casts is deservedly listed as an "essential app" in AppAdvice's Podcast Apps AppGuide. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- For the mobile quick tappers: the 'Giant Skip Buttons of Yore' are back, tap either side of the artwork to skip back and forth on your iPhone. Turn it off in settings if you find it too confronting.
- For the meticulous: Unplayed episode counts now shown on podcast artwork. Yay!
- For the organized: Podcast tiles can now be sorted by latest episode date or title, drag down on the tiles view to see the options.
- For the tech nerds: 32 extra bits of awesome added for those lucky ducks who have 64 bit devices.
- For the designer in all of us: Lots of visual improvements, tweaks and enhancements.
- For the frustrated: Over 50 unique bugs squashed, involving everything from having 12,000 episodes in an episode filter to holding your phone upside down in the rain.