You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| November 23, 2013
Sony Postpones Release Of PlayStation 4 Companion App In Europe
PlayStation App, the official companion app of PlayStation 4, was released by Sony for customers in North America last week, a couple of days before the launch of the next-generation video game console in the continent. The app was set to be released for customers in Europe today. But as it turns out, its European release has been postponed. As a result, the app is now scheduled to be released in Europe next week, in time for the launch of PlayStation 4 there on Nov. 29. In a new post on PlayStation Blog, Sony explains that it's "still making some final tweaks to ensure the experience is butter-smooth for you ahead of the PS4 launch next Friday." If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Designed to be a second-screen app and a social networking hub for PlayStation 4 players, PlayStation App lets you:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, PlayStation App is already available for free in the App Store for customers in North America. For customers in Europe, it's set to be released, as mentioned, next week in time for the European launch of PlayStation 4 on Nov. 29.
- See what your friends are playing, compare your trophy collections, view your profile and track recent activity.
- Chat with your friends. You can receive notifications, game alerts and invitations through the app, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for the PS4.
- Browse PlayStation Store, pick-up the latest games and add-ons, and push them to your PS4 system so they are ready to play when you get home.
- Take advantage of second-screen features on supported games (such as The PlayRoom), offering additional game content and/or alternative control options.
- View PlayStation guides, game manuals and, of course, PlayStation Blog.