You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 17, 2013
Apple CEO Tim Cook And Other Top Tech Execs To Meet With President Obama On Dec. 17
Apple CEO Tim Cook and other key people from top tech companies are expected to attend a meeting with President Barack Obama on Tuesday, Dec. 17. High on the agenda are a couple of rather controversial subjects: the Heathcare.gov website and the NSA's electronic surveillance activities. This is according to Time's political blog, Swampland, which reports:
“Tomorrow, President Obama will meet with executives from leading tech companies to discuss progress made in addressing performance and capacity issues with HealthCare.Gov and how government can better deliver IT to maximize innovation, efficiency and customer service,” a White House official said. “The meeting will also address national security and the economic impacts of unauthorized intelligence disclosures. Finally, the President will discuss ways his Administration can partner with the tech sector to further grow the economy, create jobs and address issues around income inequality and social mobility.”Along with Apple, the companies expected to be represented at the meeting include such tech giants as Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and Yahoo. Below is the full list of expected attendees:
The meeting is set to take place a week after seven of the above-mentioned companies — Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Twitter, and Yahoo — and another prominent tech giant — AOL — published an open letter to President Obama and members of the Congress seeking a reform in the U.S. government’s surveillance programs.
- Tim Cook, CEO, Apple
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Chad Dickerson, CEO, Etsy
- Reed Hastings, Co-Founder & CEO, Netflix
- Drew Houston, Founder & CEO, Dropbox
- Marissa Mayer, President and CEO, Yahoo!
- Burke Norton, Chief Legal Officer, Salesforce
- Mark Pincus, Founder, Chief Product Officer & Chairman, Zynga
- Shervin Pishevar, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Sherpa Global
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast
- Erika Rottenberg, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, LinkedIn
- Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google
- Brad Smith, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Microsoft
- Randall Stephenson, Chairman & CEO, AT&T