Calling All Foodies: New iOS-Compatible iGrill Accessories Are On This Year's Menu
Two brand new iGrill accessories are set to be unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the coming days, the folks at accessories manufacturer iDevices have confirmed. The products are Bluetooth-connected accessories which allow users of Apple’s smartphone and tablet to take more precise control of their cooking and grilling.
First up, there’s iGrill2: the second-generation of iDevices’ Bluetooth-connected thermometer, which allows iPhone and iPad users to check on the internal temperature of meat while it’s on the grill. Rare steak, for example, should be cooked to 120–130 degrees, while medium-grilled beef should have an internal temperature of 140–150 degrees F. Making sure your steak isn’t overcooked is made all the more easier with iGrill.
The iGrill2 adds Bluetooth Smart support to the recipe, making it possible for users to be up to 150 feet away from their iGrill while also ensuring that minimal battery life is taken up by the wireless product. The folks at iDevices explained in a recent press release:
The iGrill2 allows you to monitor the temperature of your food using the free iDevices Connected App from up to 150 feet away. The device features a vibrant LED display with proximity wake-up, magnetic mounting, four probe ports and a 150-hour battery life. With a more rugged design than the original iGrill, iGrill2 is sure to be a must-have for any grilling fan.
Features of the product include:
- Magnetic Mounting: Magnetic backing allows for convenient mounting on your grill or smoker, or use the optional magnetic disc for mounting on non-magnetic surfaces.
- Seamless Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart technology omits the need for manual pairing and provides a more stable connection.
- Bluetooth Capability: 150-foot Bluetooth range so you never get stuck at the grill.
- Monitor Multiple Probes: Easily track up to four different temperatures.
- Excellent Battery Life: 150 hours of battery life on just 2 AA batteries.
- Illuminated Display: Check the temperature quickly and easily with the proximity sensor LED display.
The other new product, iDevices’ iLP Bluetooth Smart Liquid Propane Monitor, allows users to “easily monitor the level of propane left in their tank using its ultra-sonic sensors for the most accurate reading. Simple enough for anyone to use, just leave it on the bottom of your propane tank and the app will alert you when your propane level is getting low and tell you the location of the nearest refill location.”
Hopefully, we’ll hear more concerning the new products at CES. Price-wise, iGrill2 will retail for $99.99, while pricing for the iLP monitor hasn’t yet been announced.
We’ll keep you updated with further information as we receive it.
In the meantime, see: The App Store Begins Prepping For The 2014 Winter Olympic Games In Sochi, Russia, Popular Jailbreak Dev Updates Fans On Springtomize 3 For iOS 7, and How To Spend A $25 iTunes Gift Card For Jan. 3, 2014.