Watch the trailer
Mechanics. Drag the letters and punctuation marks around to connect them and ultimately come up with a visual approximation of the required object.
Motions. Unworded features a minimalist but captivating minimalist art style with animations that help illustrate certain segments of the story. In addition, its background music has a calming effect that is in keeping with its being a no-pressure, play-at-your-own-pace game.
Messages. The poem that precedes each puzzle contains clues as to what objects need to be formed from the letters and punctuation marks provided. Stumped? You can tap the "?" button to highlight hint words in the poem.
What is it about?
Unworded is not so much a word game as a letter game. In this narrative puzzler, everything is built from letters (and the occasional literary symbols). As its story goes, a writer gets hospitalized after a serious accident and, with his wife at his bedside reading his stories out loud, attempts to reassemble his memories. And to that end, you have to create objects inspired by poetic clues using letters as pieces to the puzzle that is the writer’s life.
For those who...
- you want a puzzle game that's out of the ordinary
- you appreciate story-driven games that are not necessarily action adventure titles
Not for those who...
- you'd rather stick to conventional puzzle games involving words
- you'd rather play games with more excitement and less introspection involved
Why we love it
Unworded is a clever puzzle game where the clues are found in poems and the pieces are in the form of letters. And as though that’s not interesting enough, it also has an underlying narrative concerning a writer’s moving journey of self-discovery. It’s sure to tap into every player’s emotion as well as imagination. Bonus points for its beautiful minimalist visual style and its calming background music.
App Store Description
unWorded is an innovative Narrative Puzzle Game where everything is built from letters.
Use your imagination to create objects by assembling letters together and discover the story of a writer hospitalized after a serious accident...
About the game :
unWorded is a game created by two persons that have been selected in many events :
- Radius festival (Austria 07/16) (Official Selection)
- Respawn (Germany 08/16) (Great Prize Casual Connect)
- Tokyo Game Show (Japan 09/16) (Official Selection)
- Sens of wonder night (Japan 09/16) (Best Art Prize)
- Indie Game Contest (France 09/16) (Finalist)
- Indigo (Netherlands 09/16) (Official Selection)
- Game Connection Awards (France 10/16) (Nomination Best Narrative/Best Mobile Game)
- UNITE made with Unity (USA 11/16) (Official Selection)
- Casual connect by IndiePrize (Germany 02/17)
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to email@example.com and your information will be removed.