Apple fans only got their hands on iOS 6 yesterday, but already it’s possible to jailbreak the mobile operating system. All you need is redsn0w 0.9.13dev4, and the iOS 6 IPSW that fits your A4-powered iDevice.
The only problem with this jailbreak method is that it’s intended for developers only, meaning it doesn’t install Cydia. However, worry not, because there is a workaround. As Jailbreak Nation reports, after jailbreaking your A4-powered iDevice, here’s how you can install the Cydia app:
1. Download and open Redsn0w 09.13dev4.
2.Click “Extras” – “Select iPSW” – Then located the IPSW
3. Click “Back”, then “Jailbreak”
4. Make Sure “Install SSH” is clicked then click “next”
5. Plug in and put your device into DFU mode (See video if confused)
6. Jailbreak device
7. Open Redsn0w again click “Extras” – “Just Boot”
8. Wait for your device to boot up and it should be jailbroken (Cydia will not appear)
Complete Steps 7 & 8 every time your device shuts off to turn it back on.
Because this jailbreak is still in beta, it will not install Cydia. To install Cydia, follow the directions below.
1. Find your device’s IP address by clicking the disclosure button on your network in Wi-Fi settings
2. Type into Terminal on Mac or cmd prompt on Windows(Windows tip: If Command prompt doesn’t work for you try putty) “ssh root@
3. If prompted about authentication, type “yes” and hit enter.
4. When asked for a password, type “alpine” and hit enter.
5. Once you have connected to your device, type or paste this command into Terminal.
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
6. Once this completes, repeat steps 7 and 8 once again to boot tethered, and you should have a working install of Cydia on your device.
Hope this tutorial helped. Leave a comment if you have a question and we will try to get back to you.
As a reminder, features included in iOS 6 include a Google-free Maps app, Facebook integration, the new Passbook app, and a Siri upgrade. It’s great to learn that jailbreakers can still take advantage of the new mobile operating system while maintaining access to the Cydia Store.
Below, we’ve embedded a how-to video courtesy of Jailbreak Nation. Good luck!
(If you can’t see the above video, please click here.)
Source: Jailbreak Nation