Halloween is just around the corner. And predictably enough, a number of iOS games have been updated with various types of Halloween-themed content. But if it’s genuine Halloween fright you’re after, then you can do far worse than reading iPoe – The Interactive and Illustrated Edgar Allan Poe Collection, which is free for a limited time.
Come to think of it, you won’t be reading iPoe so much as experiencing it. That’s because iPoe is no ordinary e-book containing some of the greatest stories of Edgar Allan Poe.
As the app’s subtitle indicates, iPoe is also interactive and illustrated. And by virtue of the superb interplay between these two attributes, iPoe becomes an immersive experience in horror storytelling.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The key features of iPoe are as follows:
- Includes four stories: The Oval Portrait, The Tell-Tale Heart, Annabel Lee and The Masque of the Red Death.
- Fully illustrated by David Garcia Forés.
- Interactive elements and animations that bring the stories to life.
- Original soundtrack created by Teo Grimalt.
- Texts in 3 languages: English, Spanish and French.
- Includes Edgar Allan Poe’s biography.
- Universal App.
- Retina Display ready.
- A collection of the illustrator’s sketches.
And you can take advantage of all of these features and more for absolutely free.
The app normally goes for $3.99, so make sure to get it now if you haven’t downloaded it since its launch last March. Also, make sure to check out our original review of iPoe to learn more about this terrific and horrific app.