First off, the hugely popular (not to mention affordable) productivity app now supports a new cloud storage service: none other than Google Drive.
With Notability’s auto-sync feature, Google Drive users can now automatically backup their notes onto the cloud-based service.
Another bonus for Google Drive users in the new version of Notability is the ability to import .doc, .ppt. and .xls files as PDFs into the app.
But lest you think that Notability only has new stuff for Google Drive users, the following general improvements are also included in the updated app:
- Improved performance across the app
- Localized into German, French, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese
- Read-only mode
- Quick access to handwriting tools when zoom writing
- Improved keyboard toolbar with easy-to-use font favorites
- Bookmark pages and find annotations
- iOS 6 support
- In-app help
- Improved bluetooth audio support
- Drag and drop photos into a note
- Bug fixes
It’s been four and a half months since Notability’s last update, so it’s nice to know, through this new update, that the app is still significantly improving.