AppShopper’s new iPhone application, called AppShopper Social, is available for free, and is natively compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch. This revamped app, however, places particular emphasis on its numerous social features, which AppShopper details in the application’s release notes:
- Social Stream: See what apps that your friends are tracking, and share your app interests with your friends.
- Friends List: Maintain a list of AppShopper friends who share your app interests.
- Twitter Integration: Find AppShopper friends you follow from Twitter.
- Wish List: Add any app to your own personal Wish List and get notified of price changes or updates by email or by push notification. Share with your friends!
- My Apps: Keep track of the apps you already own. With Push Notifications, you can get the latest updates sent directly to your device.
- Syncs with AppShopper.com: Wish List and My Apps automatically sync with AppShopper.com so you can manage your lists in a web browser.
Unfortunately, since this is version 1.0 of AppShopper’s new application, a number of important features are missing from the app. Namely, the iPad is not natively supported by AppShopper Social, nor does the application include a “Top 200″ list. AppShopper has acknowledged the absence of such features in a recent blog post, and promises that both will appear in a future update:
A few features didn’t make the first cut. “What’s New” and “Top 200″ were temporarily dropped while we sought re-approval. We will see about returning those features in a future version.
Also, in the interest of time, we haven’t yet updated the iPad version yet. In its present form, AppShopper Social is not a Universal app. We will be working on a Universal update soon.
Nevertheless, it’s great to see an AppShopper application reappear in the App Store, and iDevice owners will certainly be pleased with the new application.
As mentioned, AppShopper Social is available for the iPhone and iPod touch, and can be downloaded free of charge. For more information on the new application, take a look at our gallery of screenshots below.
Alternatively, for a number of other new apps and app updates, see: Updated Yahoo App Includes Summly Integration And More Personalization, Monday App Updates: Great Apps That Just Got Better For April 22, and Shelf Control: Read E-Books And Web Articles Faster On Your iDevice With Fastr.