You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 25, 2013
Minimalist Note-Taking App Notefile Gains TextExpander 2.0 Integration And More
Notefile, the minimalist note-taking app developed by Junecloud, has received another major update, which delivers a number of new features and improvements. Perhaps most notable among the new enhancements in Notefile is its newly added support for version 2.0 of TextExpander. Also newly supported by Notefile's fellow minimalist note-taking app, Vesper, TextExpander is a popular utility app that automatically expands custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently used text snippets. Released a couple of months ago, TextExpander 2.0 introduced support for new features including fill-in snippets, which are now supported in Notefile. [caption id="attachment_444747" align="aligncenter" width="280"] Notefile[/caption] In addition to its "expansion" for TextExpander 2.0, the new version of Notefile brings the following improvements and fixes:
The new version of Notefile is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $2.99 universal download for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Note that whereas the app previously required iOS 4.3 or later, Notefile now requires iOS 5.1 or later. The app's previous update, which arrived four months ago, added 1Password integration alongside other improvements. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Phone numbers and addresses are now tappable links. Tap and hold a link for more options.
- Times are more specific, using text like "a moment ago" or "3 hours ago".
- You can now print your notes. Tap a note in the list, tap Share, and then Print.
- On iPhone, Notefile does a better job of remembering the last note you had open.
- Fixed a bug on iPad that could result in changes to a note being lost.
- Fixed a bug where Twitter sharing would be blank if the note had more than 140 characters.
- Fixed a bug where some items were removed from the history too soon.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when selecting certain text.
- Improved reliability when syncing with Junecloud for the first time.
- Improved error checking when opening files.