You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 22, 2013
The Official Pacific Rim iOS Game Now Plays Nice With Older iDevices
Fans of the Pacific Rim game for iOS can now take the app for a spin on older iDevices, thanks to a recent update. Specifically, the application has received support for both the iPhone 4 and the iPad 2 in version 1.3.0 of Pacific Rim, which is available to download in the App Store now. As we explained in our original piece on Pacific Rim:
Pacific Rim features two game modes, namely, story mode and survival mode. Story mode lets you play through 30 levels inspired by the events of the film, while survival mode dares you to endure an endless wave of Kaiju using your upgraded Jaeger.Now, however, both iPhone 4 and iPad 2 users can enjoy playing through Pacific Rim on their iDevice. In addition, a number of minor bug fixes and performance improvements have been made in the $0.99 app. As a reminder, features of the game include:
Pacific Rim 1.3.0 can be downloaded in the App Store for $0.99, and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Check out the recently updated application now, or for more of today's app news, see: Olloclip Companion Camera App Gains One-Tap Sharing, Auto-Saving And More, Rise And Swine! Rovio's Bad Piggies Updated With New Levels And New Power-Ups, and Pocket Informant Pro Gains iOS 7-Like Interface, Evernote Reminders Support And More.
- Story Mode: Play over 30 levels and challenge monstrous creatures in intense combat inspired by the motion picture.
- Survival Mode: Can you defend humanity from an endless wave of Kaiju? See how skilled you are with your customized Jaeger.
- Command up to five different Jaegers with custom equipment and technology.
- Upgrade your Jaegers and weapons to dominate the battlefield.
- Discover and research new technology to increase your armor, power and speed.
- The game explores the Pacific Rim universe with new events, Jaegars, and Kaiju not fully revealed in the film.