Hueless and Huemore are both developed by Curious Satellite, which released the former in May 2012 and the latter in March 2013. They’re practically two sides of the same coin — both are camera apps, but Hueless is designed for black-and-white photography while Huemore is designed for color photography. And being of the same maker and core functionality, they’re apt to get more or less the same updates at the same time.
This time, both Hueless and Huemore have been updated once again with the same set of enhancements.
The most notable among these enhancements is the apps’ new focusing engine. Featuring special auto and lock modes, this lets you set and control focus and exposure together:
- SINGLE TAP to set AUTO Focus/Exposure at a single point
- Touch and hold to LOCK Focus/Exposure at a single point
Also, the new focusing engine lets you set and control focus and exposure independently of each ofher:
- TWO-FINGER TAP to split Focus & Exposure
- Drag to select Focus or Exposure point
- Tap Focus or Exposure to toggle AUTO and LOCK modes
- Double tap to reset AUTO Focus/Exposure at center of image
The latest identical updates to Hueless and Huemore also add support for 5:4 aspect ratio, in addition to the existing 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, and 2.39:1 aspect ratio options.
Both newly updated apps also feature improved preview speed on some devices, improved aspect masking, and updated mode messages.