You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 21, 2013
Pivvot Set To Gain New Modes And Loads Of Improvements In Upcoming Major Update
Pivvot is set to take a turn for the better as it awaits its first major update. According to a recent tweet by Pivvot developer Whitaker Trebella, the innovative strategic avoidance game is going to receive a "massive" update soon. Most notably, the update introduces a couple of new game modes, namely, Random Endless and Random Expert Endless. The former is "like Endless but random and faster," while the latter is "like Expert Endless but random and endless." The update also includes some bug fixes as well as the following improvements:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. However, the update doesn't yet add support for playing background music from the Music app and other apps. "I tried my hardest to enable background iPod music but I've had way more issues than I expected," Trebella explains. "I will keep looking into it for the future!" But given how great Pivvot's own background is, I don't see how anyone would prefer any other music to be played while playing the game. In fact, Trebella is planning on adding even more great music to Pivvot, considering that Apple has raised the App Store cellular download cap to 100MB. Trebella, by the way, is also the composer behind the music of a number of other popular games, including Tilt to Live, Super Stickman Golf, Nimble Quest, and, of course, Polymer, which he also created. Previously available free of charge as Apple's Free App of the Week in the App Store last week, Pivvot is now back to its regular price of $2.99. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later. The upcoming update to Pivvot also improves the game's iOS 7 compatibility. Released early last month, Pivvot has become one of the most acclaimed games on iOS. In her review of the game here on AppAdvice, Christine notes, "Pivvot is one of the best games I’ve gotten my hands on for this year so far. It’s delightfully simple, catchy, and challenging, yet it’s so addictive — you’ll keep coming back for more, even when it gets difficult." I completely, unequivocally agree. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Leaderboard now show Game Center scores
- Ability to invert controls in settings
- Ability to reset progress on Voyage modes or erase all data
- Switched from Kamcord to Everyplay for replays
- Challenge your friends: when they beat your score you'll get a notification
- Replays now have ability to record voice and face cam for Let's Play-style videos
- You can record long replays of multiple games rather than just a single playthrough
- The Voyage modes now have death counters. Get the least deaths possible!
- Added a link to the soundtrack in settings menu
- Ability to toggle replays
- Added some help instructions to settings menu