One such feature is support for live streaming of timelines over Wi-Fi. It’s off by default, but it can be easily enabled in Twitterrific’s settings section. When enabled, it automatically refreshes your timelines every time someone you follow posts a new tweet.
Another notable feature is support for managing lists. This lets you add or remove lists, add or remove users from lists, and edit list details and privacy settings. To create a new list, start by going to the profile of the first user you want to add to that list and select Manage in Lists in the options menu. And to edit a list, just open its timeline and tap List Options.
The new version of Twitterrific now also supports viewing of images in direct messages and copying of discussions from the share menu.
The latest update to Twitterrific also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Links to Twitter custom timelines now open in the in-app browser
- Performance enhancements throughout the application
- Changes to eliminate slow-downs over time
- Refresh animation no longer stays visible after new tweets are finished loading
- Popover views in the in-app browser on iPad are no longer able to stack
- Mlkshk links no longer show up as broken images in the in-app photo viewer
- Performing VoiceOver actions on tweets no longer causes the timeline to jump to the top
The new version of Twitterrific is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new download priced at just $0.99 — down from the app’s regular price of $2.99.