What is it about?
Improve your reading skills!
App Store Description
Improve your reading skills!
2nd Grade Reading Comprehension is designed for classroom use as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• This collection of 10 original stories was written specifically for this app
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 4-6 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 2nd grade level
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Listen to audio of the story and read along
• Email student test results to share their progress
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
Peekaboo Studios reading passages have been written by award winning authors and teachers specifically for our apps.
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 2nd Grade:
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text
• Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe
• Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area
• Read and comprehend literature and informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 2-3 text complexity band proficiently
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these."
Many of our best features were based on YOUR feedback! Thank you so much to the countless people that have reached out and provided suggestions and made requests for our apps! Please do not hesitate to continue reaching out to us at any time!
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included <
Additional classroom features:
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
Non-Fiction topics include:
• Dr. Seuss
• Granola Bars
• Hot Air Balloons
• Potato Famine
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
Discover our apps for 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, and 8th Grade to practice math, vocabulary, and language arts skills. Peekaboo Studios apps follow the US National Common Core standards for K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7, and K8.
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to [email protected]
-- CONTACT --
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/PeekabooApps
* Twitter: @PeekabooApps
* Website: http://peekaboo.mobi
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.